Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fifteen movie quotes from movies that should be re-watched.

 This is exactly what it says it is. My dear Jenn reminded me of a good ol' Steel Magnolias feel good saying that warms my heart and it got me thinking on a track of favorites. And since I can't think of anything better to do while I wait for my homeslice Mrs. Jones to come over with her little, I will list and laugh. These are just the ones I can think of today and really I am more than sure they'd be new ones if you asked me in a week. But, for my mood and my need for nostalgia that surfaces like a shark week junk food craving, I must satisfy the list as it comes to me. Please feel free to comment with your top favs too! I want to know!


I have a go-zillion ( lol get it?) but these popped in my head first. I am not a movie quoter per say ( we all have those friends ugh) but I can get caught using lines every now and again. So, I apologize in advance for both lodging them right back into your vocabulary, and that I will probably start using them in daily conversations again. Plus, it will make you want to dig around and find all your favorite movies and then make you all pissed that one random roommate at some point made off with your copy of American Beauty and Wayne's World ( You know you did it Andrew! ::shakes fist::).



 "Wipe that face off your head, bitch!"- Dazed and Confused

 "Human tails? Humans don't have tails. They have big, big bottoms that they wear with bad shorts. They walk around going, "Hi, Helen" - FurnGully

 "All women have a garden, and a garden needs a big hose to water it... or a small hose... as long as it works." - Now And Then

 "Chaos was what killed the dinosaurs, darling" - Heathers

 "There was a rich man from Nottingham/ who tried to cross a river/ What a dope/ he tripped on a rope/ Now look at him shiver" - Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

 "That's Ren and Stimpy. They're way existential " - Clueless

 "Yeah. Be still like vegetables. Lay like broccoli - Pretty Woman

 " I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man" - The Big Lebowski

 "That'll do pig. That'll do." - Babe

"There's an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes" - Forest Gump

"Wait! We can't stop here. This is bat country." - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

 " You know what they say: If you don't have anything nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me" - Steel Magnolias

 "There is a little good in all evil." - Where the Red Fern Grows

 "That ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet." - Juno




Honestly, One of my all time favorites forever and always. Name it if you know it.

"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks"




So as with most nostalgia I wanna go back like time travel. At least with movies you can, sorta, by re-watching them. I just found Bio-Dome and  A Walk To Remember which I feel cancel each other out with emotional balance if watched one after the other. In any order really. So I will go do that and draft some fun giveaway stuff for tomorrows post. It's raining A LOT so the scene is set for movie date with me, myself and I while wee man naps.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH YEAH!!! in followup to my rain post Smells Like A Memory

Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrɨkər/ or /ˈpɛtrɨkɔər/) is the scent of rain on dry earth. The word is constructed from Greek, petra, meaning stone + ichor, the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology. It is defined as "the distinctive scent which accompanies the first rain after a long warm dry spell".

BOOM!! Belated googlings.


No comments:

Post a Comment