So, the clips of life include:
- little brother is out of the hospital after 2 months of healing and he is doing good
- GlassCast is now available in stores! what? Yes stores!!! Pural
- just had the best weekend with the girl
- Aidan is talking more and using photos as currency for the things he wants but can't verbalize ( whole post in the draft process on this topic)
- the weather through us some SNOW (wtf) and froze out some of my starts in my greenhouse
- our raised cedar beds go in this week!
- stoked for Bunco at my house next month
NOW for the main topic of garbage worth putting into the interweb universe. My kid won't stay asleep!!!!! This is reaching levels of panic. He is already taking melatonin to fall asleep every night because the wide awake party of bed jumping and maniacal laughter was really getting to be too much after two months of a very late ( sometimes after midnight) bedtime. Now, however he is waking up at around 3 on average and just being awake. That's it. Rested and wide awake. Holy hell that is sucking for me. I am not in fact wide awake at 3. Or 4 or even 5. Any amazing miracle tips would be incredible. I do not operate well on little sleep. And the dreams are just whacko. I mean seriously, I started journaling them to do a blog post about and I was creeping myself out. I instead Googled what they might mean and then burned said journal.
We are running an average of one actual nights sleep of 8 hours for the kid a week. The rest are about 4-5 hours. Less for the grown ups. Ughh. We have tried tiring him out and feeding him huge meals and baths and all the soothing tips for night time. It's keeping him asleep that is the problem. I feel like this cannot be good for his growth and whatnot.The only good thing is that Hal sleeps right through anything so it doesn't disturb her.
So, tips. Ready go. You can also post stories of extra stupid things you have done because of sleep deprivation. I am journaling those now. Most have been things like putting the milk in the cupboard or salt in my coffee.